On September 17th, 2021 we took the time to remember prisoners of war (POW) and those who are missing in action (MIA), as well as the pain their families still struggle with by creating this design.
As a veteran myself, I wanted to do something more than just pay my respects to the families by remembering these soldiers and their ultimate sacrifice. I was inspired by my own brothers in combat and American Exempt decided to release a POW/MIA design specific to these courageous men who may still be suffering and feel forgotten.
The pain I feel on this day is indescribable and although a shirt may not lessen the pain for these families, I hope it provides them with honor and respect for the sacrifice their loved one has made.
Having grown up in a small military town, I remember, first-hand, families who had missing loved ones. One of my childhood friend’s father is still MIA after his fighter jet was shot down over Laos in 1972. One of our desires is to financially support organizations that never forget these men and women, nor their families.
Please join me in paying respect to these soldiers and their families.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Made in the USA of imported materials